"SEE WHAT HORROR IS IN STORE"

Boils & Ghouls - Welcome to The Etsy Massacre Team's Bloodspot! Cemetary resting place to the Etsy Massacre Team. The first team on Etsy created for artists who make horror movie inspired items!! If it's not gorey, creepy, scary, undead, monsterous, or bloody you won't find it here. We are a team of artists whose art is so awesome it will scare ya! Here at our Bloodspot you will find a complete list of our massacre members and their shops. This is also the place to come to get updates on what our massacre members are slaughtering up and what sales they are dieing to share with you! So make sure to follow this page and spread the gore!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sick and Twisted Thoughts: Prim and Grim

The horror community is amazingly supportive... check out this awesome interview for Etsy Massacre Team member PrimandGrim!

Here's an excerpt:

When did you start crafting and how did you get started?

I’ve been artistic going as far back as my memories allow, but if I had to pick a specific time that I really got excited about crafting it would have been in kindergarten. There was one particular activity with crayons and hot plates that I think really sparked my passion for arts and crafts. Using electricity to heat and melt crayons made regular coloring boring, and the way that melted crayons looked on paper was just… So… Awesome! I still get excited about it even though my adult self wouldn’t sit down and melt crayons.

As far as crafting with the purpose of opening an Etsy shop, I think it really began when I discovered steampunk a few years ago. Awhile back, my mom had bought me this jade pendant for my birthday. The jade was so valuable (both emotionally and monetarily), and the cord that it came with was so cheap and boring, that it seemed a disservice to the jade itself to wear it that way. So instead of wear it, it just sat in a drawer for years. When I discovered steampunk, I discovered it in the form of jewelry. It wasn’t as popular as it was now, so finding a wearable jewelry version wasn’t as easy. I decided to try to make myself a Steampunk necklace with the jade pendant as the center. Finally, I had a cool way to wear my birthday present! I wore it to a party one day and someone asked me if I was an artist… I had never considered myself one before. I said, “No, I just make jewelry occasionally,” and the person replied with a firm, “No, you are an artist. You should open a shop.”

Click HERE to read the rest!



Thanks to AGhoulsBestFriend for a hauntingly good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment